A big part of the appeal of Country Club Meadows apartments is that we're located in Flagstaff, Arizona, where we have great weather a majority of the year. It's true that Flagstaff doesn't tend to get as cold in winter as Utah or Michigan, but that doesn't mean it never gets chilly and snowy. Winter nights in Flagstaff can get down to fifteen degrees, and you don't want to be caught unprepared. So here are some ways to stay warm when cold weather strikes!
Five Tips for Staying Warm This Winter
- Insulation is everything. Use rubber seal to keep heat from escaping through the gap under the front door, install window insulation film and inspect each room for drafts. Insulating your apartment will also come in handy when it gets warm out, helping to keep your living space cool in July just as it keeps it warm during December.
- Close the vents in rooms you're not using. This way your heating system won't have to work overtime to keep the guestroom or office warm.
- Use the ceiling fan. This sounds counterintuitive, but ceiling fans actually redistribute warm air from the top of the room back down to the floor.
- Open your curtains while it's warm out. Even in the winter, the sun can be strong in the afternoon, so open the curtains and let the sunlight in, then close them in the evening to trap the warmth.
- Move your sofa, chair or bed away from heating sources. It feels good to cuddle up by the vent, but furniture is a heat trap that prevents the warmth from reaching the rest of the room.
The nights can take you by surprise if you're not prepared for a bit of a freeze, but Country Club Meadows apartments in Flagstaff, AZ, can be warm and cozy during the winter months. Get in touch to see what's available if you'd like to spend the coldest months of the year in the comfort of a beautiful Flagstaff apartment.